| Direct Hire
Post Date: 08/03/2015
Job ID: 10889
Industry: Brokerage - Account Executive
- Provide professional insurance counseling and service
- Responsible for growth of designated book of business
- Mentors the team
- Maintain a positive & professional image
- Market new business, negotiate coverages & premiums, prepare and present professional proposals to clients and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Develop & implement creative marketing programs to assist in achieving your production goals to grow your book of business & contributing to the department growth and always keeping our Value Proposition Statement as our underlying theme
- Round out existing accounts with additional lines of business; upgrade existing coverages and advises clients of their gaps in coverage with every client contact.
- Promotes collaboration between our Commercial Lines, Life & Health & Social Media Departments to cross sell products
- Review new policies for accuracy & delegate processing to the Associate Account Executives
- Handle correspondences from clients, prospects and companies regarding insurance, claims or administrative problems, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer only when necessary.
- Review all mail items and assign any processing issues to the Associate Account Executive
- Take initiative to develop & train the Associate Account Executives. Areas of concentration: new business quoting, marketing to companies, consultative sale strategies, account rounding and cross selling.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue items.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Maintain electronic files in an organized, up-to-date & accurate manner.
- Perform special marketing projects at management’ s request.
- Assist clients in reporting and settling claims
- Expect to attend client visits as necessary to provide a high level of customer service
- Encourage professional development: mentoring the team to develop strategies for account rounding, cross selling and time management. This mentoring requires skills building, positive communication and collaboration of the team
* These responsibilities should facilitate the Primary Functions and are NOT limited to the list above.
- Must be an independent thinker with good communication skills both verbal and written. Must have a communication style that is professional, positive, supportive, constructive and open, especially when giving and receiving constructive evaluation, or making suggestions to the team
- College education with a minimum of 7 years insurance experience or a minimum of 10 years insurance experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of Commercial Lines underwriting and coverages to include all types of situations from small to large accounts.
- Must have experience in training & managing co-workers or leading projects
- NYS Insurance Broker’ s License is required
- Must be competent and comfortable working in a paperless office environment: being proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word and TAM/EPIC
- Must have ability to facilitate and promote teamwork & team spirit
The account executive is expected to attend various insurance and automation related education classes given by industry trade associations at the discretion of the C\L’ s Manager. The cost of these classes is covered by the employer. They are typically given at local venues during normal business hours.
Contact Alison Sullivan
Chat With A Recruiter