| Direct Hire
Post Date: 09/26/2017
Job ID: 12053
Industry: Brokerage - Benefits
Account Executive - Employee Benefits
About the Job
Our client' s model provides unparalleled customer service aimed at achieving the highest levels of client satisfaction and offers a wide array of additional services beyond those of the traditional insurance broker. Our forward-thinking culture has enabled our client to become one of the fastest growing corporate insurance companies in Westchester, providing insurance brokerage, employee benefits consulting, and risk management services to our clients. Our client provides its clients with insurance solutions that are targeted, detailed and customized according to corporate, financial and human resources objectives.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy creative and challenging work, our client may be the company for you! Our client is looking for a success minded, team oriented individual who wants to join a dynamic and growing company. Our client is results-oriented and focused on providing excellent service and measurable value to our clients. We are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our benefits team with a management career track available from this position for the right individual.
In this role, a successful candidate will develop, manage and expand relationships with employee benefit clients/prospects. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage assigned book of business, develop client relationships and deliver to grow and retain clients.
- Partners with producers to develop and implement client’ s benefits strategies.
- Prepares a plan for each account to identify what and how short and long term needs may be met.
- Interfaces with the client at both the HR Manager/Director as well as the C-Suite level to understand the customer' s overall objectives and requirements.
- Maintains regular interactions with clients to develop client relationship as well as advise of new product and service offerings and obtain feedback on our client' s performance
- Ensures all of our client' s services are implemented according to established project plans and all client deliverables meet quality standards.
- Acts as the “ quarterback” directing the account team, which may be comprised of an Account Manager(s), Benefit Representative(s) and Benefit Analyst(s) on all client work and deliverables.
- Ensures account team is executing deliverables according to our client' s standards and best practices
- Coaches and mentors the account team and provides direction to the team on:
- Offering and implementing all of our client' s value added services
- RFP and marketing process, including which carriers to include in marketing and negotiating rates with carriers
- Strategies for new and renewing plans
- Pre-renewal and renewal timelines, project plans, meetings and presentations
- Working with clients to identify the possibility of wellness initiatives.
- Developing client’ s annual planning calendar and ensuring successful execution
- Compliance requirements and issues, including SPD wrap documents and 5500 filings
- Client’ s reporting requirements
- Carrier and vendor management
- All aspects of executing Open Enrollment
- Serves as highest point of escalation for issues or activities that the customer encounters with benefits programs and services.
- Prepares and conducts financial, technical and product presentations and demonstrations.
- Participates in our client' s sponsored events and promotes our client' s services and initiatives.
- Keeps current on changes in legislation impacting employee benefit programs and communicates with clients on these changes.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management – Able to develop and manage project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Industry Knowledge – Strong knowledge of employee benefits products and services and how they are delivered to clients; knowledge of related legislation such as COBRA and HIPAA
- Analytical – Evaluate numerical and qualitative data to recommend the best alternatives to clients.
- Computer Skills – Use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to create effective presentations and exhibits.
- Relationship Management – Develop and maintain strong client relationships; work effectively with insurance and service vendors to gain cooperation in meeting clients’ needs.
- Team Player – Effectively works with our client' s team.
Bachelor’ s degree and 5 - 7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with brokerage or insurance carrier account or sales management experience.
Contact Scott Cohen
Chat With A Recruiter