IT Staff Auditor
New York, NY | Perm Placement
In this position you will report to the Chief Auditor. The responsibilities of this role include the following: • Obtaining an understanding of and documenting automated processes, and identifying related controls;
• Assisting in the performance of the risk assessment process as it pertains to Information Technology platforms and applications facilitating the development/modification of the audit program;
• Designing/ Performing tests of controls either independently or as part of our team, including but not limited to: general IT Control reviews, detailed information security reviews, application operating system reviews, application IT control reviews, new system reviews and Internet application and security reviews;
• Evaluating activities in accordance with applicable regulatory, information technology (e.g., ISACA/ IIA Standards) and accounting standards (e.g., GAAP, GAAS, COSO, etc.);
• Identifying, documenting and presenting all control weaknesses to Audit Management via properly written draft audit comments;
• Performing administrative duties, special projects (eg., Sarbanes-Oxley IT Test work) and reviews as assigned. The qualified candidate must have: excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office; CPA, CISA or other related professional certification; a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting or other related field, along with 3 - 5 years of progressive IT audit experience. Salary $65 – $85K competitive compensation and benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement & 401k plans.