411 Hackensack Ave 5th Floor
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 05/23/2016
Job ID: 11352
Industry: Brokerage - Risk Management
Our client, an insurance and risk management consulting firm is seeking a Senior
Account Manager or Consultant for employment. The position entails handling all aspects of a commercial account' s risk management needs.
The consultant will act as the outsourced risk manager for approximately 30 domestic and international clients with combined annual property and casualty insurance premiums of over $40 Million. Client industries include construction, real estate, manufacturing, and hospitality.
Manage the insurance and risk management programs of those clients including the placement of all traditional, non-traditional insurance and surety products for all clients.
Risk Management renewal responsibilities include:
Additional Skillsets/Job Functions
Due Diligence project team for Private Equity clients. Responsibilities include:
- Gathering, summarizing and presenting all renewal exposures prior to the renewal of all lines of property and casualty insurance coverage
- Develop service requirements for potential insurance brokers and carriers;
- Interview, vet and select the insurance brokers requested to bid on the insurance programs
- Design insurance policy language specifications; Prepare insurance renewal submissions and provide them to the marketplace
- Review and analyze all insurance proposals and negotiate the terms of coverage as well as premiums and address any additional underwriting questions from the marketplace.
- Recommend to clients the insurance programs best suited for their particular exposures and risks
- Oversee the placement of winning insurance bids; ensure binders, policies and endorsements are issued correctly and if not, request the necessary amendments to be made.
- Manage the day to day needs of clients' risk management programs which include: Manage clients' internal risk management team/insurance departments
- Report to CFO on implementation and management of clients' corporate risk control programs
- Counsel senior management on transactional risk exposures through use of economic models and risk vs. benefit analyses
- Responsible for overseeing all insurance broker and other third party risk management vendors to ensure they are working in clients' best interests
- Set up and coordinate clients' disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Review, draft and negotiate the insurance provisions in, and provide opinion on, all vendor contracts, leases, loans and other types of contracts using all methods of contractual risk transfer
- Ensure compliance of insurance certificates requested by vendors of clients and also review certificates received by clients from various third parties to ensure acceptability
- Schedule and coordinate all loss control inspections by insurance carriers, as well as property valuations by appraisers; Address any loss control concerns and amend valuations with carriers based on appraisals
- Set up and train clients' claims staff as well as review all incoming first party and third party claims; Report all claims to the appropriate policies and insurance carriers
- Run quarterly claims review meetings to ensure all losses are being adjusted in an efficient manner and that all reserves are set at appropriate levels
- Create a loss pick and forecasting models using current Loss Cost Factors to determine claim trends
- Review loss frequency and severity by claim type to establish patterns and use that knowledge to decrease future occurrences
- Coordinate the claims recovery process and assist in the adjustment of all losses for clients' maximum benefit and ensure receipt of appropriate payments
- Pre-acquisition risk management and insurance reviews of the target company.
- Confirm the acquisition is free of problematic and costly insurance and risk management issues
- Establish benchmarks to evaluate insurance transactions and offers
- Solicit competitive bids for new insurance coverage to address the newly acquired entity' s exposures
- Analyze, negotiate and bind the appropriate coverages
- Transition new entity into clients' master programs if appropriate, otherwise move the coverage onto a stand-alone program
- Post-acquisition portfolio company management
- Create Master property insurance programs for portfolio companies to maximize terms of coverage and buying power in the marketplace
New Construction practice. Duties included:
- Design the insurance specifications for residential and commercial ground up and rehabilitation projects ranging in size from $100 Million to $2 Billion
- Oversee the acquisition and management of all insurance policies including the construction liability and builders risk policies for both traditional insurance programs and Wrap-Up (OCIP & CCIP) programs
- Transition the completed projects onto either stand-alone policies or onto the clients' master insurance programs
Chat With A Recruiter