Product Manager - Card Services
Danbury, CT | Direct Hire
Product Manager - Card Services/Payment Services
Major community bank in Connecticut
Card Management Strategy and Product Development
• Responsible for managing the vendor relationship with Elan for credit cards (Visa, AmEx), and Fiserv and Visa for debit cards, including all external vendor management responsibilities. Capitalize on programs offered by credit and debit card partners.
• Develop, implement and track revenue goals as part of the budget process. Understand cost structure (contract terms), and product financials, including revenue impact and product profitability.
• Oversee product changes and processes including implementation of new products and modifications to existing products (to include but not be limited to design and development of services). Work closely with Bank Operations regarding debit card production and parameters.
• Develop marketing and sales objectives including effective programs to sell credit and debit cards. Work closely with internal sales managers as well as Marketing, Branch Banking and Customer Service Center on marketing and sales programs.
• Work closely with Learning & Development on internal training needs.
• Work closely with Business Intelligence Unit and research manager to monitor sales activities. Perform research and analyses relating to existing and proposed products including market potential, sales and growth trends, penetration analyses, campaign ROI. Integrate research results in ongoing product decisions and planning; utilize research data to recommend changes in product design, sales and marketing strategy.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and developments; educate internal partners on any that may impact the USB card portfolio as well as overall strategy, process, marketing and sales.
Risk Analysis and Management
• Understand and manage risk and compliance related activities for debit and credit card portfolios; ensure debit and credit card products comply with all regulatory and/or legal requirements.
• Work closely with Bank Operations and Risk Management departments to manage the impact of debit card fraud on internal processes and systems, including communication with customers about data breaches and rules within the fraud management system, Visa Risk Management (VRM).
• Member of Fraud Incident Response Team.
Bachelors or better.
2-5 years: Debit/credit card management
2-5 years: Marketing experience