| Direct Hire
Post Date: 01/09/2018
Job ID: 12167
Industry: Underwriting - Production Marketing Underwriting
Our client is an A+ rated, financially stable and growing property casualty insurance company. We are looking for a Senior Production Underwriter for the Chicago area . This is a remote position where he/she is primarily responsible for risk evaluation including selection new business in accordance with our client' s underwriting philosophy. The Production Underwriter develops and fosters positive, professional relationships with the company’ s agency partners, as well as achieves company growth and profitability objectives. This employee is expected to exhibit a high level of technical expertise, while exercising sound judgment, and delivering consistent results.
- Selects new business in accordance with company underwriting philosophy, established authority parameters, as well as written/verbal procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous attitude with agents. Responds quickly and ethically to all requests/issues. Delivers on promises and promises only what can be delivered.
- Provides accurate and thorough education to agents about the company’ s risk selection philosophy and pricing guidelines.
- Monitors performance criteria, including premium and unit count goals, mix of business, written-to-quoted ratio, and declination ratio of assigned agencies and territory.
- Achieves company growth objectives by recognizing sales opportunities, soliciting desirable business, and diligent follow-up on quoted business.
- Travels to agencies providing field underwriting and quoting as needed.
- Reviews claims activity, loss control surveys, and inspection reports for existing policies, handling as required.
- Works with other departments as necessary to resolve policy issues.
- Determines the appropriate course of action for policy changes, delegating to assistant underwriters and/or processing assistants for handling.
- Decision making and problem solving
- Consistently demonstrates an accurate and in-depth comprehension and knowledge of the company’ s underwriting philosophy and guidelines. Quickly processes information and accepts accountability for their results.
- Quality and quantity of work, timeliness
- Consistently produces accurate work with minimal mistakes. Understands and achieves productivity requirements. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and regularly meets deadlines.
- Initiative and dependability
- Consistently exhibits the ability to achieve with little supervision. Requires a minimal amount of direction or guidance to perform well.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Exhibits teamwork and cooperation
- Works toward common goals with a strong sense of interdependence. Demonstrates shared ownership and a willingness to help others.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in property and casualty underwriting preferably in the Michigan and or Ohio territory.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, decision oriented environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong automation skills including MS Office products
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
Generous salary and auto included
Contact Scott Cohen
646 442 5458
Chat With A Recruiter