| Direct Hire
Post Date: 11/28/2017
Job ID: 12125
Industry: Underwriting - Assistant Underwriting
Underwriting Assistant –
Our client is an A+ rated, financially stable and growing property casualty insurance company with locations throughout the Northeast. They currently have an opening for an Underwriting Assistant in the Glastonbury Ct office.
The Underwriting Assistant performs support functions to assist the underwriting team in assessing the insurability and profitability of a risk. These support functions include the gathering of all pertinent information with some preliminary analysis of this material.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Set up underwriting files and applications by obtaining required documents and updating appropriate systems ( i.e. ImageRight and WINS)
- Review commercial insurance applications for accuracy and completeness. Work with underwriter to follow up with agent on missing information.
- Order inspection surveys from outside vendors and follow up for completion of surveys within designated time frames.
- Work with underwriter on inspection recommendation delivery and follow up.
- Rate and Issue new and renewal policies and endorsements using the PD Rating System.
- Respond to service requests and other inquiries by providing exceptional customer service to our agency customers.
- Complete Marshall & Swift BVS Calculations and ordering RiskMeter Reports in support of the Underwriting Department.
- Complete reinsurance evaluations on multi-building frame complexes in support of the underwriting department.
- Other administrative tasks as necessary.
- College degree preferred, previous insurance industry can be considered in lieu of college degree, if candidate has relevant transferable skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and time management skills required
- Extreme attention to detail and organization skills required
- Microsoft 2010Word/Excel proficiency
- Experience with AS/400 and/or ImageRight a plus
Chat With A Recruiter