VP/Commercial Real Estate Lending Relationship Manager
Edison, NJ | Direct Hire
VICE PRESIDENT - RELATIONSHIP MANAGER - COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE LENDING
PROMINENT NEW JERSEY COMMERCIAL BANK - CENTRAL/NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Contribute to the department’ s revenue growth objectives by identifying and executing on lending, deposit and fee opportunities with existing and prospective Commercial Real Estate customers. Maintain effective portfolio credit risk management practices to ensure credit quality is maintained. Ensure organization goals and objectives are achieved in a manner that is compliant with regulatory requirements and adheres to the bank' s credit policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the achievement of CRE portfolio revenue growth objectives by identifying and executing on lending, deposit and fee opportunities with current and prospective commercial real estate customers with an emphasis on profitability and compliance.
- Actively seek to develop new commercial customer relationships through networking and client calls.
- Perform detailed analysis and quality underwriting of the most complex loan proposals.
- Proactively and independently identify loan structure alternatives and make appropriate recommendations to department management.
- Prepare comprehensive written analyses for loan proposals including summary of financial statements, cash flow and trends, management profiles, business and product cycles, operating performance and appropriate economic and market research.
- Conduct appropriate financial analysis and research to underwrite loan renewals, extensions and modifications. Analyze and structure the renewal proposals, complete the underwriting and evaluation process and make recommendations.
- Ensure all required documentation is collected and maintained as required by existing policy.
- Pro-actively identify deteriorating loans through effective monitoring of the portfolio to include review of monthly maturity reports, daily overdraft activity reports and weekly past dues reports. Report deteriorating credit situations in a timely manner. Take appropriate action to mitigate and control risk.
- Proactively identify the impact of current economic and market trends on the portfolio; take appropriate action to mitigate and control risks.
- Conduct thorough annual review of current portfolio clients including review of financials, site visits, and assessment of general business information and other factors that would be indicators of risk. Make recommendations for revisions to risk rating.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, agency guidelines, and organization policies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated sales, negotiation and relationship management skills. Experience in managing large, sophisticated, complex commercial real estate and/or investment relationships.
- Demonstrated credit evaluation ability with proven success making credit/underwriting assessments on credits with an emphasis on commercial real estate and/or investment lending.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect for & produce significant new business opportunities.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate lending policies & processes and the banking regulations and laws governing commercial real estate lending.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate financial analysis detail in a clear, concise manner. Proven ability to summarize complex financial analysis information in a manner as to effectively inform and influence target audience. Confident in the ability to present to senior management and/or Credit Committee as necessary.
- Ability to identify and quantify business risks and the key drivers of risk and focus decisions accordingly.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional internal partner and external client relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities in a multi-task environment and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, specific capability in Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of credit and customer information.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less seasoned staff
Experience & Education
- 5+ years of experience in commercial lending, including demonstrated credit analysis and relationship management success in commercial real estate lending.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, with concentration in Finance, Accounting, or Marketing preferred.