Vice President Commercial Lending
Hackensack, NJ | Direct Hire
Job Title: VP - Commercial Lending Officer
Reports To: EVP-Chief Lending Officer
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for the analysis and underwriting of complex commercial real-estate and construction loans. Responsible for the development of new business through varied sources of contact.
1. Assist the Chief Lending Officer in attaining the goals and objectives for the Commercial Lending Department.
2. Interview prospective commercial loan clients and analyze financial and other related data to determine credit worthiness.
3. Determine appropriate loan product and term.
4. Prepare loan summary worksheet for submission to Chief Lending Officer and/or Board of Directors for approval or declination within established guidelines and lending authority.
5. Develop new business; cross-sell Bank products and services.
6. Monitor and evaluate delinquent and problem loans seeking resolution; advise Chief Lending Officer when necessary.
7. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulatory and legal changes with respect to financial services and the commercial real estate market.
8. Maintain contact with local contractors, real estate brokers, attorneys etc. to generate potential business.
9. Participate and support in appropriate community, civic and trade events in order to promote good will and generate new business.
10. Treat people with respect; keep commitments; work ethically and with integrity; uphold Bank values; accept responsibility for own actions.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote working environment free of harassment of any type.
12. Follow all policies and procedures set forth by the Bank.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability and willingness to make decisions with sound and accurate judgment
2. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
3. Analytical and problem resolution skills
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Proficient in MS Office
7. Ability to maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Associate' s Degree plus 5 years of commercial lending experience. Bachelor' s Degree preferred.
2. Continuing education at various programs and seminars to expand knowledge in all phases of lending.
3. Continuous on-the-job training with respect to policies, procedures and various Regulations.
VP-Commercial Lending Officer/Lending