Chat with me now!
Executive Assistant - Must be very polished and professional and able to deal with all personality types.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing highly diversified administrative and organizational duties at an executive level. The position reports to the CRO, and will work closely with other senior executives, consultants, board members, and other departments in the organization. Project management and administration is required, some of which will be of a complicated, confidential, and sensitive nature.
The duties and responsibilities of this position will require a comprehensive knowledge of general office operations as well as departmental policies and procedures, familiarity with Board policies, public relations, etc. (relevant areas). Skills required include excellent computer software skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) at an advanced level. Also necessary are grammar, spelling, proofreading, some data entry, typing, file maintenance, basic math, and professional phone skills. The position also requires the use of judgment, discretion, confidentiality, initiative, organization skills, neatness, and the use of care and accuracy. Advanced communication skills are necessary to conduct business in most effective manner such as phone mail, e-mail, and fax. The Executive Assistant must have ability to work with limited supervision and prioritize work, requiring a high level of organization.
· Makes appointments, schedules, travel arrangements, assembles packets of information and prepares materials. Operates independently in absence of the Director of Advancement and other senior management persons, calling on staff when required. Assists outside visitors and suppliers, maintains supervisors calendar and coordinates meetings with internal and external constituents including all support documentation required for such meetings.
· Coordinates the accumulation and dissemination of materials, reports, brochures, etc.; maintains various databases and/or is familiar with databases.
Extremely polished and professional
· Ability to deal with all types of personalities and temperaments
· Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
· Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
Make arrangements for meetings, conferences. and receptions.
Monitor email correspondence with ability to handle and, where required, correspond to such emails on behalf of CRO.
· Responsible for calendar management and interact with executives and other assistants to arrange meetings as needed.
· Assist with preparation of presentation materials.
· Prepare materials for CRO for meetings.
· Arrange travel schedule, including necessary reservations and creation of itinerary.
· Prepare and reconcile expenses.
· Maintain contact lists.
· Organize and maintain files, as needed
Prepares internal and external presentations on PowerPoint. Assists in determining format and layout of graphic presentation of data.
· Orients and trains support staff as required.
· Trouble-shoots problems and inquires to the office of the executive officer, external affairs.
Bachelor’ s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Shows initiative in prioritizing work to get things done.
Education: Bachelor' s Degree preferred but not required
Level of expertise/experience:
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong organizational and communication skills, good phone manner
· 7 to 10 years experience providing administrative support to a senior executive.
Knowledge of systems: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, Internet
Chat with me now!