| Direct Hire
Post Date: 01/30/2018
Job ID: 12190
Industry: Brokerage - Manager
Supervises the department with the production of new business and servicing of the existing book of business by coordinating the processing of work as per the procedures of the Commercial Lines Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and approves time sheets for direct report staff.
- Supervises designated staff and manages all personnel issues in conjunction with company policy guidelines, including:
- creation and delivery of employee performance appraisals
- monitoring time off and granting time off requests
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Attends client meetings as necessary.
- Assist in the recruitment and interview process for open positions.
- Assist in monitoring and directing the flow of work of the department and implement changes as necessary.
- Assist staff with complex negotiations or transactions, handling difficult insured or carrier personnel and backlog problems on accounts.
- Monitor various reports such as open diary reports and discuss with staff as necessary.
- Responsible to keep up on industry changes and market strategies and communicating information with staff as necessary.
- Responsible for training or directing the training of new staff.
- Assist team members with technical, placement and client problems and monitor the status of various projects (i.e. renewals, new business) and the department in general and take corrective action where necessary.
- Provide bi-weekly update of renewals in process to
- Assist in pre-renewal meetings with staff to discuss upcoming renewals 4 months in advance of renewals
- Maintain and augment the department’ s book of renewal business to assist in the production of new business for the department.
- Responsible for managing Service Fee Agreements and updating spreadsheet for Commercial Lines Department.
- Responsible for monitoring and distributing electronic copies of policies, endorsements, audits, etc. from select insurance carriers to the staff.
- Assist Senior Vice President in conducting internal Account Audits for E&O purposes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will supervise Commercial Lines staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum ten years property, liability and casualty experience.
- Broker P&C license required.
- Prior Supervisory experience required.
- Must know all coverages and have the ability to negotiate with carriers, pricing and terms and conditions, and coverage analysis.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel basics.
- EPIC or TAM experience a plus.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Agency experience preferred.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.,
Chat With A Recruiter