Chat with me now!
VP Relationship Manager – Middle Markets, Commercial Real Estate
This position's primary responsibility is new business development and existing / new account management. Originate commercial real estate loan transactions within the Bank's target market and consistent with credit policy and procedures. The relationship manager serves as the account and transaction quarterback. Role includes the review of the transaction's credit parameters, loan documentation, and other
reports related to CRE transactions as well as managing the account from origination through loan maturity. Ability to effectively interphase with
credit analysts, customer service associates, portfolio managers, Senior Management, outside counsel and vendors. Strong knowledge of real estate
transactions, referral sources, and direct clients required. Pipeline of new clients a plus.
• Develop new business, cross sell products to existing clients as necessary, and prescreen potential new transactions.
• Act as the client's primary contact and oversee the portfolio and accounts both assigned and developed; including all compliance, regulatory, and account related matters.
• Review transactions, discuss pro and cons with CRE Team Leader and prepare transaction prescreen memos and Term Sheets.
• Coordinate with other RMs and Credit Analysts to seek appropriate credit approvals for any modifications to existing credits.
• Review and evaluate new transactions with a focus on Loan purpose / rationale, Sponsor, location, collateral, LTV, tenancy, the competitive marketplace, and exit strategy.
• Ability to expand and develop a full banking relationship with depository accounts required.
• Review, inspect, and evaluate property types, associated appraisals, PCA, Phase I and other related property reports
• Work in conjunction with and guide underwriters to prepare and review Credit Application (" CAP") for accuracy, structure, and clarity. Seek Team Leader sign off after RM reviews.
• Present Credit Application to Credit Committee, work with legal counsel, and spearhead all compliance, KYC, and any post-closing requirements with the support of the CSA.
• Use of systems required to effectively review, book, and fund Loan transactions.
• Mentor, train, and develop junior staff.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Finance/Accounting/Economics. MBA Desirable.
Direct contact with and ability to attract and retain quality Sponsors, develop customer relationships and cultivate referral sources.
Lending experience within major real estate asset classes.
Strong analytic abilities and knowledge of financial metrics related to CRE. Economics/Finance Degree preferred.
Sophisticated financial skills, quantitative underwriting skills, and a capital markets perspective with ability to structure loans to achieve Bank's investment requirements.
Technical Skills: Ability to quickly assess LTV, DSCR, Sponsor acumen, and a potential transaction's seminal credit risks and then identify and
articulate appropriate Mitigants to said risks
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of ten (10) years of commercial real estate investment and/or lending experience, including five year’s
minimum experience in commercial real estate debt underwriting and/or origination.
Chat with me now!